Sunday 18 August 2013

Student Business Cards

Hi everyone!

As I revealed on the LMST Tumblr, last week I ordered some business cards prior to the TeachMeet PD. This is final product:






I ordered them from Vistaprint, who had an offer for 250 Free cards (you just pay delivery) which you can find here. I chose the cheapest option, 21 day delivery for something like $7, but they came last Wednesday, only 10 days after I ordered them.


I'm really happy with how they look and feel, they look extremely professional for the amount of time and effort I had to put in to the thought and design. I was a little apprehensive at first, I didn't really see the need for a business card but I did do my research. There were plenty of articles! 


Many were general, aimed at recent grad students or did not specify a study area. Others were more focused on education, substitute teachers or grade teachers. And some were warnings on why students should not have such a thing. They were all worth the read and I considered every view point.   


But as you know, I ended up with this set of business cards!


In the future, I would like to add/change some of the details on here. I would like to include my babysitting and tutoring contacts, as well as my grad year and placement info but it seems to soon to for all that right now.


I have another professional learning workshop coming up in September, hosted by one of my tutors Katherine Bussey and the Glen Eira council. I will definitely be bringing these cards and trying to network as much as possible to build some solid professional connections. Again, If you live in the Melbourne, be sure to check it out!


Until next time,


Miss Tracy xx





No comments:

Post a Comment