Sunday 17 November 2013

My Planner

Hello again,

So I'm sure everyone is part of a rewards club, maybe it's Flybuys, Myer One, Everyday Rewards, coffee shop or some company that I am not aware of, but most likely, everyone as a stack of cards in their wallet that entitles them to discounts or builds up their points. 

Well, I shop at Woolworths so I have an Everyday Rewards card which is linked to my Frequent Flyers Account. I realised if we are spending money every week, the points shouldn't go to waste.

Now a couple of weeks ago, I bought the hot roller set I was saving my points for (massive sale at Myer) so I shopped around for what I could spend them on instead.

And what do I see when I open the browser? A lovely spread of Kikki K stationery. Usually, I cannot afford their stationery; while it is so pretty, of excellent quality and extremely functional, I cannot afford their products. I cannot justify spending $80 on a planner.

But points are different story. So I splashed out 8,500 QANTAS Frequent Flyer points on the Leather Personal Planner in Fuchsia.


My favourite features include:
  • 6 ring binder
  • 18 month calendar, refills availble
  • 7 customisable tabs
  • 3 sheets of stickers
  • elastic pen loop
  • card slips
  • 'today' note pad
  • a5 notepad
  • zipped compartment 
  • button closure
  • genuine leather  
And it looks super cute!


Since it arrived in the mail, I have written down EVERYTHING! And I have found it so much easier to stay on top of things. While I don't take the planner everywhere, I have it perpetually open in the same spot on my desk. This way I don't have to worry about opening and closing it it and it's always in the same place if I want to write something down.

The only thing missing was a hole punch but I managed to buy one online for a couple of bucks. I am now set to live an organised life!

Do you use a planner?
Why, why not?
Fill me in!

If you do want to buy the planner, you can from here!

Miss Tracy xx 

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Your planner is so organized. I use a planner as well and do not know what I would do without it. I am thinking I am going to have to switch it up for next semester though, as I will move into my full student teaching experience. I am thinking I will need a lesson planning book/planner type combination. Do you have any suggestions? How is your system working for you so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lauren ! As I use my planner more it's beginning to look less structured but I know exactly what you mean, I couldn't go a day without looking at it at least 10 times!

      Since I have become attached to the planner, I've found that I tend to use my time a little better, since I have things mapped out and can see it from a month view or a week view plus my other sections make it really to easy to organise other things, like my sisters party and my high school reunion, without feeling too overwhelmed or struggling to find the Post It I wrote the thing on! I also find that I tend to forget things less since I really make an effort to write things down now. It's also become easier to do assignments since I started using a sections to properly plan essays, map assignment plans and record group work sessions.

      In regards to your planner evolution, I know some companies make great hybrids which contain a planner section, grades and planning but I don't whether you would have to buy it or inquire with the school you're at. One of the reasons I loved this one is the customisable tabs and sections which kikki k sell. For example, I have tabs dedicated to this blog, my placement details and planning and my other jobs. Perhaps you could look at customising your planner to include different sections if you don't want to have to carry two folders around, like including a lesson plan tab, possible ideas, grades and class lists.

      However, I would personally go with two different books, one planner for planning work and personal time and then another notebook for lesson plans and grading and other school related things. You can then mark in your planner when and which lesson plan you wish to use and reference the page number from the notebook. The notebook could also be sectioned into which subjects the lesson fall under; science, math and literacy. Using a separate books for the lesson plans also means they are less likely to be disposed of at the end of the year and you can continue to reuse and change them.

      Hopes this reply helps and be sure to let me know what you decide on! Happy stationery shopping :D

      Delete
  2. Hi i was wondering what kind of hole punch are you using for your KIKKI.K planner??? i need to get one but i'm unsure of what kinf of brand and type to get..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      That is such a great question and unfortunately when I asked that question awhile back, no one could give me a clear answer but there is hope yet!

      I found the best quality and value for money was with the Filofax 6 hole punch for the A5 size. I bought it online for around $20 which may seem like a lot but it was quite difficult to find such a hole punch and now, I cannot live without it!

      The Filofax branded one is excellent quality, it's withstands the terrible amount of pressure I can put on it an it fits perfectly inside the planner. The cuts are precise and it takes about 6 sheets of standard paper at the one time.

      It would be my number one suggestion but if you after something a little cheaper, try looking online as I found that online places had a lot more to offer than the stationery retailers in Australia.

      Hope that helps and good luck in your search for organisation!

      Miss Tracy xx

      Delete
  3. I use a planner, but I find it so difficult to stay organised and actually use it! One of the reasons I found your blog and I am now browsing through you posts! Do you have any tips? Or posts you would recommend for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mercy! My biggest tip is to try an update the planner as often as you can remember. I organise it monthly, so I start with uni classes, my tutoring sessions and work and then throughout the month I keep adding important things. Even if it's something little, like buy a mini whiteboard, I write it down in the planner so I know it's been recorded somewhere before I forget. Post it notes are also your best friend for events which are locked in. I like t write the event down in the post it and move it around the planner as necessary, same with lists a write or weekly task; they can be easily moved or removed as necessary. Hope that helps! Miss Tracy xx

      Delete
    2. PS - Take a look at the following posts for some more organisational ideas!

      http://little-miss-student-teacher.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/in-review-notability.html#.U5E7PvQW34s

      http://little-miss-student-teacher.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/my-semester-planner.html#.U5E7SfQW34s

      http://little-miss-student-teacher.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/my-unit-outline.html#.U5E7UPQW34s

      Miss Tracy xx

      Delete
  4. Hi are you selling your kikkik by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If so please email me at curls2envy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete